Saturday, March 27, 2010

Surprise at Conference.........

I had emailed Karen (McKinney) Lipscomb before going to the conference and she sent me Shirley Ann Numkena (Smith)'s telephone and told that she was now living in Tuba City and would like to see me.............so I called her when we arrived and she came to see me and ate lunch and spent the hour visiting...............what a delight! Shirley came on the Indian Placement Program to Spring City and lived with Karen while we went to Junior High and 2 years of high school. She is Hopi and I have such fond memories of being in school with her. I was so excited to see her. We visited the hour and set up a time the end of May or first of June to go over to see her and have her take us around the reservation there and see some dancing, etc. We are excited to see her again. She is widowed and came back to take care of her 94 year old mother and father..............

No comments:

Post a Comment