Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

It was a great day!! Larry Deal - whom we have been working with since we came - came over Saturday night with a big bouquet for us to take to the church on Sunday and then wanted us to bring it home! He also brought me a beautiful red rose corsage - I was touched. Had neat e-mails from our children, cards, packages in the mail, phone calls, and even a You tube..........made me lonesome for all of them, but grateful to be a mother! Truly one of the greatest blessings in my life.

Sister Chun (from Hawaii) came before church and put an absolutely beautiful lei around my neck (straight from Hawaii) and said, "Since my Mom passed away I needed to give this to someone I felt was most like her!" So I was quite decorated for sure!

Travis Begay (a recent convert) came over in the evening and brought me a card that was so beautiful - from he and his little girls...........in it he had written that I was just like a Mom to them and they thought of me as family.......another touching moment. Had a couple of visitors, invited the young elders over for dinner - all in all a good day!!!

1 comment:

  1. What person wouldn't love to have you for a Mom?? I'm trying to be more like you.

    Verdene

    ReplyDelete