Sunday, October 3, 2010

Funeral for Perry C. Begay

I was asked to accompany a woman to sing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" for this funeral service at "Our Lady of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church" in Fort Defiance, AZ. We had talked and were to meet there...........so I waited and waited and waited......and finally the Father conducting came and said "this is the only musical number in the service and is the closing number........so will you provide?" And of course I said - "I will provide." Well.....Leanna never came and so I walked up and started playing the piano (which was a terrible piano) and so I thought - I can't do a piano solo and so I sang too.........Heavenly Father always blesses and it went well. The church was packed on the ground floor, the balcony and standing against the walls. The man was the adopted son of one of the original code talkers. The service only lasted 1/2 hour, but it took a long time for everyone to file past the family leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment